A Very Tasty Recipe with Simple Ingredients that will Impress. I like to call it my INDIAN LASAGNA - Vick, owner of Ace Curries to Go
- Prepare the rice according to package direction. While the rice cooks, prepare the curry.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Add the sliced red onion and cook until browned. Remove from pan and put to the side for later.
- To the same pan, add 4 tablespoons oil and cook the chicken until slightly browned.
- Add 1 jar of Ace Curries Madras Curry sauce and 1 cup of water to the pan and simmer over low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Using a lasagna pan or oven proof baking dish, add alternating layers of the cooked rice and the chicken mixture until the pan is 3/4 full.
- Mix the cooked onions with the remaining rice. This will form the top layer of the dish.
- Top with fresh cilantro leaves and drizzle with juice from 1 lemon or lime.
- Cover the dish with non-stick aluminum foil and place in 325F degree over for a minimum 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve with Ace Curries Mango Pineapple Dip and a Curry Garlic Yogurt (using the Ace Curry Garlic Dip spice mix)
Note: You can also make this a vegetarian recipe by using firm veggies like carrots, peas, corn, cauliflower, beans, etc. in place of chicken.