Cranberry & Onion Confit with Grand Marnier Liqueur, 250g
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
More Ooh La La!
Our newest product, to join our intoxicating line of gourmet products, is made in small hand crafted batches with local cranberries and a splash of French orange/Cognac Liqueur for a gorgeous finish!
This luscious Cranberry & Onion Confit is a delicious accompaniment to any roasted meat and poultry, especially Pork Tenderloin, Roast Chicken and Roast Turkey – try it in your Turkey Sandwich! It is also lovely paired with fine cheeses such as chevre , Boursin and blue just to name a few of our favorites. We love it on Nichol Fine Foods “Blue Cheese” Gone Crackers!
Classically French trained, Chef Ann Kirsebom has cooked with acclaimed Chefs from around the world. Extensive globetrotting has been a true inspiration for her gourmet sauces, as she has sourced only the finest authentic ingredients in her travels. Chef Kirsebom is the Executive Chef of a successful, full service Boutique catering company in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Ingredients: Onions, Cranberries, Vinegar, Sugar, Extra Virgin olive Oil, GRAND MARNIER liqueur.
Blue Cheese, Apple and Cranberry Confit Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large crisp apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 tbsp CHEF ANN’S CRANBERRY & ONION CONFIT
Thaw the pastry sheet just enough to unroll; place pastry dough on a baking sheet and chill. Preheat over to 400°F. Toss the blue cheese, thyme, chopped apples, and sugar together in a bowl. Mound the filling in the centre of the chilled puff pastry; spread out evenly leaving 2″ around the edge. Not the ONION CONFIT over the apple filling. Fold the edges of the pastry in over the filling. Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is nicely browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.
Other delicious recipe ideas
- Create a pizza with caramelized pears, blue cheese and Cranberry & Onion Confit.
- In a saute pan, simple add stock and/or whipping cream to the confit and you have a gorgeous demi-glace in moments!
- Use as an accompaniment to any roast meat – pork, chicken, turkey, lamb, and duck.
- Top a crostini with Chèvre and rosemary for a lovely hors d’oeuvre.
No reviews found